Last week we upgraded our test environment with SP1 of SharePoint 2013.
After some testing we found that publishing of a Content Type went wrong with the following error.

With a quick search on the Correlation ID with PowerShell
Merge-SPLogFile-PathC:\proxylog.log-Correlatione9a8929c-5756-20e8-2a9f-e38b648bc237

We found the following message

Failed to get term store for proxy ‘Managed Metadata Service Application Proxy’. Exception: System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed.

So the Managed Metadata Service has not enough rights in the registry, this can be solved to manually add the correct rights for the accounts “WSS_Admin_WPG” and “WSS_WPG” to the registry key “HKLM\Software\Microsoft\office Server\15.0“. But there is probably more to this than only this registry key. There is a PowerShell CmdLet in SharePoint to set all permissions.

Initialize-SPResourceSecurity

We ran this on all servers and we could publish our Content Types again.
I have found this on the
Technet forum

After this setting we rebooted the servers to make sure all services are aware of the changes

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.